Tuesday, February 05, 2008

monogamy




monogamy
(mə-nŏg'ə-mē)
n.
  1. The practice or condition of having a single sexual partner during a period of time.
  2. The practice or condition of being married to only one person at a time.
  3. The practice of marrying only once in a lifetime.
I think it is interesting the amount of people that I meet that do not grasp the concept of monogamy. I guess this falls under the same catagory as my love post, it is a hard subject to grasp if you are foreign to the concept.

I was having lunch with a group of friend, and I happened to enter a conversation with someone who I had meet that day, about the type of guys I am into. This conversation go very heated, he then mentioned that he and his partner have an open relationship because thats what you do when you have been together for 10 years.

I was completely shocked at the statement made, I really wanted to make a conservative statement, but thought best to bite my tongue, than sour an already rocky friendship.
People are entitled to their own lives, opinions and values, and I should not be telling people how to live their lives.

I am a firm believer in monogamy, if you are going to have a relationship you stick to it 100%
what is the point in being in one, if you don't reap the rewards and benefits of it.
I can think of nothing more passionate than being intimate with one person, as sick as it sounds it is enough to get me going.

(tbc)

2 comments:

Owen Winter said...

EWWWWWW I'm being monogamus! Kinda...

If this is one defination!:

monogamy (mə-nŏg'ə-mē)
n.

1. The practice or condition of having a single sexual partner during a period of time

Haha...If I wasn't so addicted to sleeping with him I would go and find more to get out of this horrible situation, but its just so darned good...

Hmmm, sorry....

Matthew Mawkes said...

Monogamy is a beautiful thing, and it takes a lot of maturity to go with it; it's rare though darling! Good luck!