Monday, May 02, 2005

Dilate

I met a guy in Auckland, he showed me some music by a chick called Ani DiFranco. I purchased one of her many albums from realgroovy.co.nz its called Dilate. This song is called -going down- I thought I would post it cause I think the lyrics are cool.


Going Down

you can't get through it
you can't get over it
you can't get around

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

and you're not gonna get through it
so you are going down

I put a cup out on the window sill
to catch the water as it fell
now I got a glass half full of rain
to measure the time between
when you said you'd come
and when you actually come

little mister limp dick
is up to his old tricks
and thought he'd call me
one last time
but i'm just about done
with the oh-woe-is-me shit
and I want everything back
that's mine

-Ani DiFranco

No comments: