Sunday, May 22, 2005

Venti this and Venti that

Today work was absolutely hideous... Well not really... It was nice and quiet in the early hours of the afternoon, but got ridiculously busy later on, Because 'Ana had to work at her other job' we were down a person, who we really sort of needed, Just as I had sent Satya on his half, 50 billion people came into our store all at once. All of them wanting Grande or Venti sized drinks, I think Andy and myself did a pretty good job and I didn't even botch one drink, the only problem we had was a customer had ordered 2 chocolate creme frappacchinos and once I had made them he said that he had ordered 2 caramel frappacchinos... I had clearly heard him at the register ordering the chocolate creme. I didn't argue, I just did the normal thing and made what they wanted. Marianne came in today and ordered her usual Venti non fat latte, she went upstairs, and 5 minutes later she came back down and ordered another one, I can barely drink a tall! I don't know where she puts it all, because along side her lattes, she has a venti cup of water and a venti cup of ice.

Be faithful to that which exists nowhere but in yourself
And thus make yourself indispensable.
-A
ndre Gide
(1869 - 1951)

No comments: